Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Land of the Dead


I'm coming to you from the Land of the Dead. Almost, no... not really. But I haven't been so sick since I was a wee little tyke. Saturday we went out of town as planned and had a good and jolly God-inspired weekend (I make it sound so trivial, it REALLY WAS AMAZING!) Sunday we packed up, hung out around in beautiful McCall for awhile and drove back to Boise. On the drive back I started feeling worse and worse. I mean, I had a little cold, but my energy was DRAINING. And my nose was getting worse, my throat was feeling awful. My limbs started getting sore and I was freezing. So we got back, my friend Rachelle took me to the store to buy some chicken (I crave it when I'm sick...) Jo-Jo's, juice, tissues, and some cold medicine. Then I plundered into the depths of my dorm and really haven't emerged since. I left Monday for to turn in an essay and then dinner. Tuesday I left for a meeting with my pastor's wife, lunch, and dinner. Today I finally went to my classes, but then immediately came back and crashed. I haven't had such a lack of energy/NEED to sleep for years. Honestly, Sunday night I slept from 6:00 pm to 5:30 am, and then Monday pretty much all day and then Monday 8:00pm to 4:30am. Then good chunks of Tuesday. I wish I slept that well all the time!! So I basically had a fever Sunday and Monday and it broke sometime Monday night, now I'm just left with a crazy cough, head congestion, sore throat, somewhat achy body, and no energy :)

Anywho.

I feel myself slipping back into the fuzzy world of nothingness, but I just wanted to let you all know I am not quite dead yet, but bordering upon it ;)
Reading your blogs and commenting as I can!

Blessings and Love,
Samantha

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh dear Samantha....I am praying for you.....I pray that you get better soon and get good sleep. God bless, dear sister. :)

Tracy said...

I hope you feel better soon, Samantha. It's funny, I crave chicken when I'm sick, too. = ) Specifically, a dinner from Lee's Fried Chicken. It's the only thing that ever sounds good. Yum!

Dragonflysoul said...

aww hun, i'm so sorry you're so sick!! :-( that sounds awful. i'd make you some chicken if i were there :-) i'm glad you're sleeping tons - your body needs it! take it easy and get as much rest as you can - the world will still be there when you get back! take care and i hope you feel better soon :-)

*hugs*

Jessica Gookin said...

Poor Sami! Get better soon!

Stephanie said...

Feel better soon! And when you sleep have some interesting dreams for me if you can remember them. I almost always remember mine.

Sarah Holman said...

I am so sorry that you are feally sick. I hope that you get better soon. I will be praying for you. I understand what it is to be that tired and sick. I felt like from the time I was 12 to last year I felt like that all the time. That is a good stroy, one which I will have to tell you all some time
Sarah

Savannah Nichole said...

Oh, I can't stand to go without sleep. You should make it a priority.

Tiffany said...

Sounds like the flu. 5 out of 6 in our family had it. No fun. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for your comment the other day on the Global Food Crisis post. We reached 127 comments!

Stephanie said...

It's been a few days since you wrote this, are you feeling any better?

Sprite said...

Awww! Poor Samantha! :( I hope you are feeling better now! (It's been awhile since you made this post) I am praying for you and hoping you get better soon, girl!

åslaug abigail said...

Dear Samantha,
I'm so glad to know you're feeling better now. I wish I could have been there, comforting you, hugging you, making you chicken =)But I know God was there instead (and your friends) and did a much better job than I ever could have..
Peace to you, sister-dear =)
åslaug